In addition to the university-wide Middle States Commission on Higher Education accreditation, CoAD programs are accredited by NAAB, NASAD, AND CIDA.
The School of Architecture offers two first professional degree programs accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB): the Bachelor of Architecture and Master of Architecture programs.
Architecture: NAAB Accreditation
NAAB Conditions and Procedures
Career Development Information
- NCARB Certification Guidelines (PDF)
- What is Studio Culture? - American Institute of Architecture Students (PDF)
- The Emerging Professional’s Companion
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
- American Institute of Architects
- American Institute of Architecture Students
- Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture
ARE Pass Rates
Pass rates on the Architect Registration Exam (ARE) may be found here.
In the United States, most state registration boards require a degree from an accredited professional degree program as a prerequisite for licensure. The National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB), which is the sole agency authorized to accredit U.S. professional degree programs in architecture, recognizes three types of degrees: the Bachelor of Architecture, the Master of Architecture, and the Doctor of Architecture. A program may be granted a 6-year, 3-year, or 2-year term of accreditation, depending on the extent of its conformance with established educational standards.
Doctor of Architecture and Master of Architecture degree programs may consist of a pre-professional undergraduate degree and a professional graduate degree that, when earned sequentially, constitute an accredited professional education. However, the preprofessional degree is not, by itself, recognized as an accredited degree.
New Jersey Institute of Technology, New Jersey School of Architecture offers the following NAAB-accredited degree programs:
- B. Arch. (164 undergraduate credits)
- M. Arch. (non-pre-professional degree + 102 credits)
Next accreditation visit for the B. Arch. and M. Arch. programs: 2022
Art + Design Accreditation, Registration, Certification, Licensure and Professional Organizations
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
- Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA)
- Council for Interior Design Qualification (CIDQ)
- The American Society of Interior Designers (ASID)
- International Interior Design Association (IIDA)
- The Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA)
- Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques (SIGGRAPH)
- International Game Developers Association (IGDA)